- Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Spencer and Mary Jackson. Three female African-American mathematicians play a pivotal role in astronaut John Glenn's launch into orbit. This fantastic Hidden Figures movie is highly recommended. » https://www.nasa.gov/modernfigures
- Galileo Galilei - Galileo di Vincenzo Bonaiuti de' Galilei was an Italian astronomer, physicist and engineer, from Pisa in Italy. Galileo has been called the "father of observational astronomy".
- Yuri Gagarin- Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin was a Soviet pilot and cosmonaut who became the first human to journey into outer space, achieving a major milestone in the Space Race; his capsule, Vostok 1, completed one orbit of Earth on 12 April 1961.
- Sir Patrick Moore - Sir Patrick Alfred Caldwell-Moore CBE HonFRS FRAS was an English amateur astronomer who also shone as a writer, researcher, radio commentator and television presenter. » https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsbm.2019.0029
- Carl Sagan - Carl Edward Sagan was an American astronomer, planetary scientist, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author, and science communicator. This excellent Contact movie is based on Carl Sagan's novel. » https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118884/
"Mathematics includes the study of such topics as quantity, structure, space, and change. Mathematicians seek and use patterns to formulate new conjectures; they resolve the truth or falsity of such by mathematical proof. It is also the science that deals with the logic of shape, quantity and arrangement."